Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

I'm A Whore

Turn the other cheek. Always turn the other cheek.

When someone insults you, no matter how low a blow, no matter how true, no matter how UNTRUE, turn the other cheek.

Count to ten. Start again.

Think about it a different way. I have been called a whore, a slut, stupid, childish, immature, incapable, and other completely untrue things. Do they make sense? By proper definition, not one of these claims against me make sense. It's tempting to own them and say, "Yes, I am a whore." But it wouldn't be true, and I would know it in the part of me that matters.

Hey, if standing true to my faith makes me a slut, then I'll gladly be a slut. If loving my family and the One For Me is immature, then I am immature. However irreverent the definition is to the application of the insult, if this is how a bully chooses to see me, then that is what I'll be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment